What I’m doing now
I’m loving the hot weather in Innsbruck. It feels so good to be warm and to walk around barefoot without freezing! I’ve been spending some time over the last few months going through all the many things that I have on my plate and I attempting to consolidate and simplify everything, for my benefit and the benefit of others! Thus far, I’ve:
- renamed my communication consultancy to Whitby’s Global (long story) and am adding details about the training programmes that I offer to the website. I have always enjoyed training and knowledge transfer and want to move more into this direction in the future.
- planned 8 brand new storytelling shows that will start running in September 2019. The first is called “The Red Thread” and tells the tale of Ariadne and the Minotaur – I am having so much fun working out how to tell this rather complicated, multi-layered story in an understandable way!
- launched SciBar in Innsbruck and I am now looking for scientists who might like to share their science.
What I’m working on at the moment:
- talking to universities about running science communication workshops in the 2019/2020 year.
- carving out time to write one researched article a month. Ponte took me weeks to research and eventually write, so one a month is enough for now. [This hasn’t happened yet…]
- developing a new line of natural, sustainably-packaged cosmetics called “Happy Little Jam Jar” – info coming soon.
- stretching more.
A Gathering of Ghosts by Karen Maitland
Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, for the 4th time (don’t judge: the music is great, the clothes are fabulous, Miss Fisher is my hero, and although there are lots of challenging themes – some dark, even – it’s a gentle programme that makes me smile…)
Last updated: 30th June 2019 | Now page inspired by the lovely Derek Sivers